holy experience

Monday, October 4, 2010

Overflowing Cup Monday

157.  Sixteen month old's deep belly laughs while playing "Pick boo!" (peekaboo)
156.  Seeing my son hold the door for the people behind him.  Without being reminded.
155.  Pumpkins.  Just every single thing about them.
154.  The burning sensation from cold air entering and exiting my lungs while jogging on a cold day.
153.  Brad Paisley's "Little Moments"
152.  Political discussions that transpire without heated debate.
151.  A four year old who sat quietly and contentedly through a one hour worship service instead of going out to play.  (Though she probably would have preferred the latter, she went with the flow.  I just love that little girl.)
150.  Discussing part of a sermon days later with a seven year old who must have been paying attention after all.
149.  A mother-in-law who was able to make us feel genuinely welcomed into her home, even when she was under the weather and probably even wishing we weren't there.  (You rock, Mrs. Lisa!  Hope you make up for your less-than-happy birthday the rest of this week.  You get a do-over, in my book.)
148.  Knowing that treating everyone nicely (most of the time, no one is perfect) is never wrong.
147.  Coffee at the cookout house overlooking the pond.
146.  A good haircut.
145.  Needing a jacket in the mornings.
144.  Using the oven without fear of over-heating the house.
143.  Sleeping with the windows open and a big heavy blanket on.
142.  Knowing whole-heartedly that when someone says they will pray for you, they mean it.
141.  Five cousins, all looking at the camera.  That was nothing short of a miracle.
140.  The urging of my husband to get me in gear to take initiative and study.
139.  Confidence building moments....like the realization that I know more than I thought I knew.  And I've forgotten less.
138.  Moments of peace in a world full of stressors.  (We know where that comes from don't we?  Thank you, God.)
137.  Borrowed cameras.
136.  Seeing gratitude embodied in your four year old princess with as simple as an enthusiastic and completely spontaneous proclamation of "I'm enjoying this party!"
135.  Four year old princesses.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that precious photo! I'm not sure how you managed to keep everyone still AND looking at the camera. Lisa is so lucky to have a quiver full of grandbabies!! As usual, a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete