holy experience

Monday, November 22, 2010

Most Plentiful Blessings Monday

316.  Overhearing kind things being said about others "behind their backs".
315.  Small boys holding doors open for the people behind them.
314.  Crisp, overcast mornings when you just know that rain is imminent.
313.  Adult conversation.
312.  Finally beginning to learn the art of conversation.
311.  Walking into a new place and feeling welcomed.
310.  The artwork in Ben's book bag.
309.  Every day that I don't get into an accident on the way into or home from work.
308.  Family recipes - like pumpkin roll, pepperoni bread, and cream cheese danish.
307.  The smell of a turkey roasting in my oven.
306.  Honey-crisp apples.
305.  Christmas music - especially "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day", which moves me to tears every time I hear it.
304.  An eighteen month old laundry helper.
303.  Sobering reminders that life is short, precious, and fragile.
302.  The long, slow process that has taught me how not to nag.  (Or at least helped me not to nag quite so much.)
301.  The night sky in Sylvania.
300.  Four doting grandparents for my kids to cherish.
299.  Grammie's unfailing love for her children and grandchildren.
298.  The privilege of seeing a need and being able to meet it.
297.  The freedom to come and go as necessary at work.
296.  The amazing power of prayer.  Not necessarily to change outcomes but to change and glean hearts.
295.  The luxury of showering at all.
294.  Hot showers.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas music moves me to tears too. There are several I have a really hard time with since my dad passed away. Ever since I was pregnant at Christmas (26 years ago) I always cry singing Silent Night.

    I love family recipes and wish you would share that pepperoni bread one. It sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete