holy experience

Monday, November 29, 2010

Much Obliged Monday

340.  Utilizing the food from our deep freezer - we have all sorts of forgotten treasures in there.
339.  Learning something new from unlikely sources - like when the moon will appear in the sky.
338.  The white covering of a frost to remind me that winter is almost here.  Even in Georgia!
337.  The poor souls who work retail during Black Friday and Christmas Eve and all of the days in between.  I've been there - and I appreciate them.
336.  All You magazine for its great articles, tips, and most importantly, coupons.
335.  Free shipping.
334.  Knowing that being "jobless" (or very close) came through no fault of my own.
333.  The relentless nagging of two very excited children who just want to put the Christmas decorations up....because they love this season as much or more than I do.
332.  Getting a complete family shot of all those present on Thanksgiving Day.
331.  The opportunity to experience something other than my same old 8-5.
330.  The feeling of family that I get when I walk through the doors of CBC.
329.  The opportunity to brush up on my cooking skills (or complete lack thereof!) now that I'll have the time to do so.
328.  The bittersweet realization that my growing young man would rather read his bedtime story to himself than with me and his little sister.
327.  Seeing my bouncing baby girl quite literally bouncing with excitement in her crib when I go get her in the morning.
326.  Seeing the joy on my kids' faces as they enjoy their new swingset.
325.  The news of a friend going into labor...because new babies are always a blessing!
324.  The anticipation of being able to enjoy the holiday busy-ness at home with my kids.
323.  The unexpected arm workout I got on Black Friday as I toted my goodies across the giant store of Kohls with nary a cart to be found.
322.  The blessing it has been for the past 5.5 years to have worked for a good, Christian man.
321.  Seeing tears in my boss's eyes as he cut my hours last week, because I know it hurt him probably more than it hurt me.
320.  Hearing Sarah "ohhh" and "ahhh" from the backseat over the Christmas lights in our neighborhood.
319.  Knowing full well that the previous week's events happened just as God intended.
318.  The dozens of deer who stayed on the shoulders during these trips.
317.  Four safe trips to and fro on I-16 during Thanksgiving week.

No comments:

Post a Comment